Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's been a while...

So it's been over a month since I've made a post. Let me catch you all up. On the 4th of July I ran the Blacksmith Fork Canyon Freedom Run. It was a 15K (9.3 miles). I had never done a 15k before but I thought it sounded like fun. It was a mostly downhill course with a little uphill at the end. I did pretty decent. 1:04:30. I averaged just under 7 min/mile and it was good enough for 4th in my age division.

On the 11th of July, we celebrated Dad's birthday by going to the demolition derby. Unfortunately, he couldn't make it so we went with some friends. It was pretty good. I miss those times. Unfortunately the people watching has gone downhill and now it is a lot harder to find a nice mullet. It has become more family-friendly.

July has been pretty hot. I am glad that I do most of my running in the morning. I have entered the Utah Half Ironman that is in about 2 1/2 weeks on August 15th (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run). Because of this I have tried to be more dedicated to swim and bike but I also want to do the Top of Utah Marathon so I am stacking workouts on top of marathon training. My body is actually handling it pretty well, although my knees have been beat up lately. I am having a harder time with less sleep. Because I workout more and run further, I have to get up earlier and more often. I guess I'll get to rest in 2 months when the races are over.

I did a pretty fun run up Dry Canyon a few weeks ago. It is the canyon that goes toward Logan peak. But just below the peak it loops around and it way to long for me to run. I climbed almost 4000 ft in about 6 miles up and then came back down all in just over 2 hours (12 miles total).

Last saturday I did a 19 miler up green canyon. It didn't seem very steep because it was less than 2ooo ft in the almost 10 miles out. I also went slow but I felt pretty good about it.

This week Dillan busted a can of soda open in the livingroom and I had to bring some stuff home to clean the couch and carpet. Dillan is such a good boy he wanted to help. Here are some pictures.

In the last few weeks, we have had a few scares from Grandma Tolman with a few falls and what the nurses think was a mini-stroke. Now her legs are swollen and she has a cough so we are going to the doctor today to get her checked out.

I'm sure I left a lot out. Sorry. I'll see if I can get some more pictures to go with my stories.

No comments:

My tunes