Monday, May 19, 2008

Common Ground Race For Ability

So last Saturday was the Run, Walk, and Roll Common Ground race in Logan. It has been 3 years since I've ran that race. I was doing fairly well on my training and was hoping to run the 10K but about a week and a half before the race my left thigh started to hurt pretty bad. I still don't know what's wrong with it. I think it may be close to a stress fracture or a pulled muscle but I've never had either so I don't know.

Anyway, I decided to do the 5K because I figured I could limp through it if I had to. I actually did fairly well for a fat, out-of-shape guy. I finished in 23:57, my best in the past several years. I was hoping to break 25.

Martha biked the same 5K course pulling Dillan in the trailer and won the bike division in about 20 minutes. Given that she has only gotten on a bike once before this this year, she did pretty well.

Harris Research was kind enough to sponsor the race which allowed everyone's entry fees to go directly to Common Ground. There were about 10 or so HRI employees that ran.

The rest of the fam ran the Brain Injury Association's 5K in SLC the same day. It seemed to be the biggest one yest with over 600 participants.

My tunes