Monday, July 14, 2008

2 More Races

I have participated in 2 races since I last posted here. I did the Cache Valley Biathlon in June. I ran the 5 mile run portion pretty close to 40 min and finished the 16.5 mi bike at a total time of 1:35. I think I did pretty well but would like to see if I can do better next year. Because I don't have a decent road bike I borrowed one from one of the guys here at work. I was nice to actually be able to move.

Also, as a spur of the moment decision, I ran the Cherry Days 5K in No. Ogden on the 4th of July. I was hoping to do better than I did but for not being prepared, having the first mile plus uphill, and a couple of tired legs from a workout a few days earlier, I think that the 24:08 I ran was pretty solid.

I have been trying to increase my training and mileage. There is a triathlon in August I want to do (Sprint distance), and another in September (Olympic Distance) that I want to do. I am also starting to contemplate running the half marathon in August (about half way between my two tri's).

I ran about eight and a half on saturday and felt decent. That was the longest run I have done in years. It was encouraging to think that in a month or two I could be up to running a half marathon. We'll see how that goes.

The good news is that I have been losing weight along with my training. I was about 230 just after Christmas, and before I started running again I was pretty consistently about 226. Compare that to the 209 that I was this morning. Not bad. Not bad at all. I need to keep going though.

No comments:

My tunes